Wednesday 4 March 2015

Ballet Bug



Over the past few months, I have become increasingly fascinated by ballet. Like most girls, I did ballet when I was younger before quitting - something I regularly scold myself for! I would take back doing all the good-toes/bad-toes thing any day! Also, ballet is a great form of exercise, as it mean you have to use pretty much every muscle in your body so you really do get a full body workout without even knowing it at the time. Many models also do some sort of ballet workout, as it is a great way to help lengthen and tone legs/arms and also makes sure you engage your core muscles properly. If you have caught the ballet bug like me, there are ways to get in on the act - without having to have the skills of a prima ballerina. 



Workout
Take a ballet class, as many places do beginner lesson so you don't need to have any skills to take part. This year I am hoping to take some ballet barre lessons - if anyone knows of any in the Manchester area, please let me know!

Follow
Mary Helen Bowers on Instagram. A professional dancer and fitness guru who is responsible for sculpting those famous Victoria's Secret Angel's bodies. She regularly posts pics with her celebrity clients as well as ballet moves are stretches that make you want to work out too!

Wear
Look like a ballerina every day by wearing this ASOS Tulle Skater Skirt in Oxblood. This is perfect for the ballet look without being too over the top. Pair with a cream knit and black heels for an everyday look.

Beauty
With ballet, pink is the colour and this is why the Revlon Illuminance Cream Shadow in Wild Orchids is the perfect palette for creating a prima ballerina look.

Listen
To the Nutcracker soundtrack which can be found on both Spotify (if you have that) or good old' YouTube.


Love Laura x



4 comments:

  1. I don't think I'd ever be graceful enough for ballet. That's probably why I did karate when I was younger instead haha.
    Rubi | The Den | http://www.the-den.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not at all graceful either - think that's why I horse ride instead :)
      Laura x

      Delete
  2. Lovely post, and love that tulle skirt! XO
    Alicia Rae, chandonandchanel.com

    ReplyDelete