Wednesday 18 November 2015

Topshop Lip Cream


Did you know that John Lewis online sells Topshop makeup? I certainly didn't! As I had a gift voucher it seemed silly to not get one of their lip creams and test it out.

review of topshop lip cream in bright pink

review and swatch of topshop lip cream in bright pink

I got a very bright 'Barbie' pink - something I have never worn before but I do kinda like. Even though it is more of a lip-gloss, it isn't sticky and feels velvety and creamy when applied but still has the shine of a gloss. The formula is highly pigmented, so one swipe and your lips are covered with this bold shade. It is easy to apply, as the stick is the normal slanted shape so you can easily follow the shape of your lips as well as being able to define your cupids bow, as I like to do. It does feel slightly slippery, but I wouldn't say it is hydrating nor is it drying to lips. The colour would last all day if you don't eat/drink but does come off rather easily when you do. Saying this, it does just wear off but doesn't 'feather' or 'bleed' from your lips.

review of bright pink topshop lip cream

I love the packaging with the polkadot lid and while it does look a little 'cheap', I don't mind having it on my dressing table! It is a good formula and boldly pigmented, so if you want something bright this is what you need.

Have you tried anything from Topshop's makeup range?
Love Laura x




8 comments:

  1. That colour is absolutely beautifu! I think it is perfect for Christmas!
    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally imagine rocking this at Christmas!
      L x

      Delete
  2. I definitely did not know John Lewis stocked Topshop make up, think I'll stick to buying it from Topshop though because student discount.
    The colour really suits you, looks fab.

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to get a discount and thank you lovely!
      L x

      Delete
  3. I love love love the topshop lipsticks! I have a whole collection. Innocent it one I have repurchased also loving boardroom right now! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This colour is gorgeous, it's so bright! I haven't tried a lot of Topshop makeup, only a few lipsticks but I love them so I may have to pick up a few different products when I next pop into store x

    Ami | perksofbeingami

    ReplyDelete