Wednesday 29 June 2016

Do Your Workout Early Morning!


As tempting it can be to have that extra hour in bed, you can gain so much more from your workout if you do it first thing in the morning - ditch the duvet and grab your trainers! I know this might sound like the craziest thing in the world, but trust me, I'm not completely bonkers! There are so many advantages to working out first thing that make not hitting the snooze button so worth it.

Work-Out-Early-Morning-Reasons

- You will feel more positive throughout the day, as exercise releases endorphins which raise your mood and leave you feeling more energized.

- Less likely to skip a workout than if you leave it to later in the day

- What is more beautiful than seeing the sun rise?

- The hormones you need for energy and exercise are increased by sleeping, so will have a higher level in the morning making your workout better

- Exercising first thing can help you make healthier choices throughout the day

- Don't have to worry about fitting a workout in if you did it first thing!

- Sleep comes easier, as you will have been up earlier and you will be more relaxed and able to unwind then if you have just had a run of the treadmill!

- Your body loves a routine, so by waking up and exercise at the same time each day can make you less likely to get side-tracked

- Can boost your metabolism, especially if you include some resistance training. This is because muscle needs more calories to keep working and will kick your metabolism rate to what is know as the 'after burn' effect

- Less people out and about - particularly good if you feel self conscious getting a sweat on!


Do you like working out first thing or prefer that extra hour in bed?
Love Laura x




23 comments:

  1. In college this year I got into such a good routine of working out early because my college routine allowed for it! I really recommend it. It made me feel so much better about myself. I didn't really know all that stuff about the hormones!

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good when your college routine gives you the chance to work out first thing and you feel so much better throughout the day! You learn something new every day right?

      Delete
  2. Love your blog! I like to do my workouts in the morning too so I don't forget them.. ;)
    Good luck with your workouts! http://isafashionebella.blogspot.com Isabella x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! That is certainly an advantage of working out first thing, you don't forget to do it!

      Delete
  3. Love the positives, I especially want to get into a routine, so waking up and exercising sounds great. Plus the earlier riser conquers the day. Keep going girlie, loving this blog post.

    Tajinder | www.musicgeekonline.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I can highly recommend getting into a routine, you will feel so much better about yourself through out the day :)

      Delete
  4. Sadly because of my job, my commute is fairly long. So mornings are out of the window unless I want to wake up at 4am... I also quite like having a workout in the evening to zone out after a long day of work, but everyone is different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think I would like to work out at 4am either but if the evening works you you then go for it!

      Delete
  5. I always do my workout first thing in the morning so I don't have time to make excuses to get out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm exactly the same and I feel so much better through out the day too

      Delete
  6. I love working out in the morning, I always try to make sure it's one of the first things I do! I find it so nice to start my day of with a workout because I feel like I start my day of right. It also give me so much more energie through out the day and it makes me feel like I actually accomplished something haha!

    LITAH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same it feels like you've accomplished something before the day has even started properly!

      Delete
  7. I always prefer to head to the gym first thing in the morning, I definitely feel so much more motivated for the rest of the day when I do. Completely agree about being less likely to skip it if you go in the morning, I always become too lazy to bother later in the day haha!

    Toni x
    www.clarkecouture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same then just think ' I'll do it tomorrow!' But you feel so much more motivated for the rest of the day

      Delete
  8. I try to go as early as I can to the gym - it helps that I work afternoons! I'll be switching to 9-5 soon though so I won't be able to as the gym doesn't open til 8 :/

    Jess xo | The Indigo Hours
    via #fblchat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always work out from home - that's why I do as I don't have a gym anywhere near where I live!

      Delete
  9. I used to work out in the morning - but getting up at 5am was getting too much! The benefits are so good though!

    katemorgancecilia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you for that one! Yeah the benefits are amazing though!

      Delete
  10. Totally Agree! I always workout in the mornings if not, i'll most likely skip it, haha oops.

    Nadia | http://psychologyfoodandfitness.blogspot.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems to be the reply for most people - early morning is the way forward!

      Delete
  11. Great motivational post! Until now I always did it in the evening, I'll try tomorrow in the morning to see how it works for me.
    I really like all your workout posts xx

    Tajaljeh // https://lifeastajaljeh.blogspot.si/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know how you find it and any benefits you feel from it. Also, thank you I'm always trying to fit them in so you'll have to keep an eye out for more!

      Delete
  12. In an ideal world I'd work out in the morning but get up naturally. On work days I rarely manage to work out in the AM but I'm looking to invest in a pre-workout that will hopefully energise me first thing.
    Great post of reasons to get out of bed!
    V <3
    http://sirvikalot.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete