Saturday, 13 August 2016
The No Blowdry, Blowdry
Usually when a new hair trend comes along, I brace myself for the hours of learning how to do it and perfect it. However, this one is meant to look like you haven't put any effort in - and no, not like those effortless style which normally require a LOT of effort! The 'no blowdry, blowdry' gives you the waves you wish your hair dried to naturally without the frizz and it's not too done or polished but doesn't look like you just rolled out of bed and lost your brush! It is also one of those styles that gets better the longer you leave it - unlike the Chelsea blow-dries which drop before you've even left the salon.
1. Wash and condition your hair as normal and squeeze the excess water out - DON'T RUB WITH A TOWEL unless you want a head full of frizz...
2. If you have naturally flat hair, add some volume by spraying some texturizing spray into roots and rough dry. If you want the look to be as natural is possible, skip the product and massage roots as you dry.
3. Dry your hair upside down for as long as you can to get as much volume as possible - it will look a bit frizzy at this point, but bare with it!
4. Gently brush the top of your hair to tame flyaways. Grab large, random strands of hair and curl the midlengths leaving the ends straighter. Don't be too neat doing this as you want a looser curl.
5. Spray texturizing spray on the ends and crunch up to midlengths to loosen the curls into waves and make it look more natural. Skip the hairspray to keep the look soft and able to move.
Couldn't be more simple and still look amazing right?!
Love Laura x