Owls always remind me of Christmas and Winter, so what better way to show this then to put them on cupcakes and share them with everyone?! Super simple to make and decorate, they will certainly catch everyone's attention and they will be asking you for this recipe.
You Will Need...
110g caster sugar
110g self-raising flour
Milk chocolate buttons
White chocolate buttons
Giant chocolate buttons
Mini fudge bars
100g milk or cooking chocolate
12 cupcake cases
For the cakes:
- Preheat the oven to 180oC and put the cupcake cases into the tin.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar together until fully combined and fluffy.
- Add in the 2 eggs and flour until it is all mixed together with no lumps and looks smooth
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the 12 cupcake cases
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from the tray and place onto a cooling rack and leave until completely cold
For the decoration:
- Cut the smaller milk chocolate buttons in half and the fudge pieces into thirds
- Break up the chocolate bar and place into a microwavable bowl and heat until completely melted
- Cover the top of each cupcake with the melted chocolate
- To create the owl, place the cut up buttons onto the cake and work your way upwards to create the feathers. The add the giant buttons and use a small amount of melted chocolate to add the white button then a drop to create the centre of the eye. Using a little melted chocolate, attach the fudge pieces at an angle to create the nose
- Repeat this for each cupcake
A super simple recipe that will fascinate and impress anyone who see these gorgeous looking an amazingly tasty cupcakes. Let me know if you try them out!
Love Laura x