Wednesday 2 August 2017

Fake Tanning For Beginners With St Moriz


One beauty product I have never tried, or even really thought about trying, is fake tan. I'm so comfortable in having pale skin that I've never thought about or felt the need to add colour to it, I'm definitely a firm believer in embracing the pale! However, when these St Moriz fake tans dropped through my letterbox, my curiosity took over, I wonder what I would look like with a tan?

St-Moriz-fake-tan-for-beginners-review

St-Moriz-fake-tan-for-beginners-review

It's safe to say, Google become my best friend while trying these out as I had to search everything, from application to how long it takes to try - yep, a true fake tan beginner here! Saying that, both of these St Moriz fake tans are so, so easy to use making them perfect for both first timers and pros alike. Even though one is a mousse and the other a gel, they both apply to well and I didn't find they went streaky at all, especially the mousse as this sort of glided onto my skin. Both also left my skin feeling so soft and moisturised alongside a gorgeous scent somewhere in-between coconut and shea butter - absolutely gorgeous! The tan has also lasted a good few showers, gradually fading after each but hasn't gone patchy at all, which I was so surprised by! There was me thinking I'll turn into some patchy creature!

When it's first applied, it doesn't really show up too much, but 4-5 hours later it has fully developed and actually looks really natural even though it is 'dark' and I have super pale skin - sorry for the lack of photos of this, the files corrupted when I imported them but I will try and put something on my Instagram! Also, isn't the packaging just gorgeous?! Anyway, now for the tips and tricks I found to help get the perfect fake tan using these St Moriz ones!

St-Moriz-fake-tan-for-beginners-review

Exfoliate

This seemed to be the biggest thing to remember when fake tanning and I can totally see why! Exfoliating gets rid of any dead skin so the tan has a fresh and even layer of skin to stick to and develop on, meaning you get a super even and gorgeous looking tan. It also helps your skin to feel so soft and look healthy even if you aren't fake tanning.

Moisturise

This tip seemed to be a bit of a marmite thing, some people said it was the best thing to do and others said it was the worst. Personally I found it did help but I only put it on my knees, elbows and anywhere else I felt my skin was a little dry. You also have to make sure it has completely soaked in and your skin is completely dry before applying the tan, otherwise they just mix together.

No deodorant

So I'm not exactly sure how true this is and it's not something I wanted to try but apparently, if you use deodorant within the first 12hours after you have applied your fake tan, it will turn it green. This is because the alcohol mixes with the tan. True or not, I am not going to risk it!

Go up

Start at your feet and ankles and work your way up to your shoulders. Not only is this by far the easiest way to make sure you don't miss anywhere, it also means you don't get weird lines from where you've been bending over etc.


While fake tanning can seem a little scary if you've never done it before, you should definitely give it a go just once! I was surprised with how different I looked and while I though it looked really obvious it was fake, someone actually asked me where I had been on holiday, so it must have looked quite natural which is hands down thanks to St Moriz!

Do you fake tan and are there any tips/tricks you swear by?
Love Laura x


*PR gift
All opinions are my own








No comments:

Post a Comment