Wednesday 12 September 2018

Where Am I From? | LivingDNA


In the last year, due to a number of reasons, I've realised that I know so little about my family and where they are from etc even though it's something I am really interested in. Of course, there are so many ways to do this so when Living DNA asked if I would like to do a ancestry DNA with them, so of course I said yes!

Living_DNA_Results_Review



 
I was so excited to get the results from Living DNA and to see where I am actually from! It's absolutely no surprise that I'm 99% British and Irish and it was what I was expecting. What I didn't expect was to have 1% from France which is somewhere I've never heard anyone from my family mention in anyway - maybe it's somewhere I should visit?! Alongside this, it shows sub-regions and while I fully expected a large chunk to be from North West England, I was surprised with how much is from the South of England and also from Scotland.

You are also given your haplogroup - a group which shares a common ansetor - as V with my subgroup being V2. For what I understand so far, V is one of the smaller groups and is most common is Scandinavia and basically across Europe. Today, I is most commonly found in Scotland (which fits with my results) and northern Germany. It is also only found in around 4% of Native Europeans! This is something I'm defiantly going to research more so I can fully understand it.

Living DNA is incredibly easy to use as you simply give them a DNA sample using the swab which they send and post it back to them. It them take around 6-8 weeks for them to do all the required tests and then you are given your results via your account on their site - could it be any easier!? Their site is so easy to navigate and if you don't understand something in your results, they have a large help section.

Have you ever taken an ancestry DNA test and would you do so with Living DNA?
Love Laura x


*Brand gift
All opinions are my own


1 comment:

  1. Whoa I always curious to do this test, but I guess we don't have it in our country.

    ReplyDelete