Saturday 26 August 2017

Budgeproof Makeup For Oily Skin


Having oily skin means that, at times, getting makeup to stay put while looking flawless can be a real task. Be it the hot weather, city pollution or just having naturally oily skin, you want your makeup to last all day without moving and still looking perfect! This of course means having to test out a lot of different products and also ways of applying, so here are just a few of the ones that I've found to work!

Budge-Proof-Makeup-Oily-Skin-Pixi-Beauty

Budge-Proof-Makeup-Oily-Skin-Pixi-Beauty

Obviously, cleansing is the most important part of caring for your skin weather you have oily skin or not! I'm not going to go too much into this as I have a post coming soon on what I use and honestly, skincare is so different for everyone, so what I might use might have the complete opposite effect for you.

Setting Powder

A good setting powder can do amazing things! Not only does it set your base in place, it can also help to soak up any excess oil your skin may have produced. Also, buy using a translucent powder, it wont change the colour of your foundation or concealer and will look a lot more natural. Recently I've been loving Pixi Quick Fix Powder as it's so lightweight but sets everything in place and lasts for hours before it needs reapplying - most of the time, it fine without any more needed! It's also perfect for on-the-go as you can apply it straight from the puff.

Cream over Powder

Using powder products means that thy will more than likely soak up any excess oil your skin produces during the day, making that product either disappear or go very patchy and cakey - this is especially true for blusher. One way to conquer this is by switching to a cream product such as the Pixi MultiBalm which starts as a crème formula and changes to a powder meaning it has extra staying power! Even better is that you can also use it on your lips for a quick sweep of colour.

Setting Spray

A good setting spray is an absolute must for both oily skin and also for anyone when the weather gets warm to really make sure makeup stays in place all day and also prevents it from settling into pores or fine lines etc. It can also help to refresh the look of your makeup and stop it looking cakey along with hydrating your skin. The one a swear by is Pixi Fixing Mist which no only makes makeup lasts hours longer than without using, but also feels so comfortable as it contains rose water and green tea - it also makes it smell ah-mazing! It can also be used by spraying onto makeup brushes then using products as normal for longer wear.


Lip Exfoliator

Using matte lipstick - which normally is budgeproof - means that they can dry out your lips and it can be so obvious rather than looking flawless! To get this, you need a good exfoliator and moisturise your lips pretty much everyday so that any lip products apply evenly and look amazing every time. The Pixi Nourishing Lip Polish does both of these as well as having a gorgeous scent. As it has a massage applicator, it really helps the product to get into every part of your lips and gives a slight plumping effect as it promotes circulation. The formula contains a blend of oils with shea butter which is so nourishing and soothing, making it perfect for dry lips.


These are just a few of the way I make my makeup budge proof as I do have quite oily skin, particularly across my nose and cheeks. As I said, I do have a post coming on what my skincare routine is as I think I've finally nailed it, so let me know if you're looking forward to this!
Love Laura x


*Brand gifts
All opinions are my own



1 comment:

  1. I've herad about Pixi cosmetics, but I've never used them and I'm so interested in them. Do you know where can I buy Pixi cosmetics with internatial delivery? :) :)

    ReplyDelete