Sunday, 20 December 2015
Blogmas Day 20 - Lemon Butter Biscuit Recipe
Not technically a Christmas biscuit, but these lemon butter ones are so tasty you'll want to make them all year round anyway - the added cinnamon adds a little festivity to them. They are super easy to make without needing a load of different ingredients and only take 20mins to bake. Oh, and your house will smell amazing too!
200g plain flour
100g caster sugar
2 lemons zested
1 medium egg
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180oC and cover a baking tray in flour.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until the mixture is creamy and combined.
- Add the egg and mix together to make it light and fluffy
- Add the flour, lemon zest and salt and mix until you have a ball of dough. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge (or somewhere else cold) for around 2 hours to firm up.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until it is around 1/2 cm thick. Cut out the dough shapes and place onto the floured baking tray. Keep repeating this until all the dough is used up.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon powder and bake for around 10 - 15 mins or until golden brown at the edges.
- Remove from the tray to a wire rake to cool then enjoy!