Saturday 29 August 2015

Jeans Shopping - Make It Easy!


Jeans. A wardrobe essential. Buying them however, normally = nightmare! If you are with the majority of women out there, then you will agree that shopping for jeans is probably the least pleasant experience. It is so hard to find the perfect ones - be it the fit, length or colour and can you leave you mildly frustrated. However, there are a few tips you can keep in mind when shopping for jeans that can hopefully make the whole experience more bearable and successful.

Care for your jeans

Open your mind
Don't just stick to the exact same type/colour you always have. Experiment with different washes, fits and lengths - you never know what might look amazing on until you try it.

Not just the front!
Don't just loo at how the jeans fit at the front, look to the back as this is just as important.

Sizing
Skinny jeans should be on the tighter size when you are trying them on in the shop. This is because once you get them home and wear them, they will stretch out. You should be slightly uncomfortable when in the shop fitting room.

Shopping for jeans made easy

Research
There are lots of different brands that sell jeans, don't just stick to one brand.

Length
Don't worry too much on the length as jeans can be hemmed or cut raw and have a whole different look to them.

Double Up
Found your perfect pair? Get 2 pairs!

Try It!
ALWAYS try jeans on as every brand is different. (Personally, I would never buy online!)



There, you should now have all the tools you now need for a more enjoyable jeans shopping trip! Are there any other tips you think I should include?

Love Laura x




9 comments:

  1. I used to (kind of still do) have a phobia of trying things on in the fitting rooms, but trying jeans on before buying is a MUST. Not only because they are expensive, but sizes and fit can be so varied.
    I know now to always stick with my trust Topshop Joni or Jamie jeans, I'll never regret purchasing them. xx

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fit of jeans varies so much store to store so always best to try on (even if you hate fitting rooms!) Love Topshop Joni - have so many pairs!
      L x

      Delete
  2. These are great tips! Finding jeans is such hard work for us girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Defiantly the hardest thing to buy!
      L x

      Delete
  3. I was never a jeans wearer, I used to hate how restrictive they were and of course the hell that is shopping for them but... I think I've found my perfect pair. Being plus-size it's hard to find a brand that does them good but I can safely say, I've doubled up in fear of them going out of stock!

    Barbie Sparkles | Beauty, +SizeFashion and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to hate jeans too but now live in them - think it's all down to finding the perfect ones
      L x

      Delete
  4. All my jeans need replacing at the same time, ugh! Jeans shopping is stressful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know how you feel but hopeful these tips will help :)
      L x

      Delete
  5. Love this post,
    your tips were so great I intend to use them next time I decide to buy some new jeans!

    Alexandria from Lexislifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete