When it comes to Christmas, my house always seems to be filled with oranges - even used to get them in my stocking every year - so what better way to use them up then add them into these amazing buttery biscuits?! They are a little like shortbread, but no where near as thick or heavy and with the orange added in, it makes them taste so festive.
You will need:
200g plain flour + extra for dusting
125g butter at room temperature
100g caster sugar + extra for dusting
2 oranges, zest of
Pinch of sea salt
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4 and lightly dust your baking tray with flour
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until fully combined and creamy
- Beat in the egg until the mixture is fluffy
- Add in the flour, orange zest and sea salt and mix until you have a ball of dough
- Cover with cling film or tin foil and place into the fridge for around an hour or until firm to the touch
- Flour a surface and roll out your dough until it is about as think as a £1 coin
- Using your cutter - or even the top of a glass - cut out the shapes and place onto your floured baking tray. These last 2 points, you may have to do in batches depending on the size of your kitchen tops!
- Sprinkle with sugar and place in the oven. Bake for 15mins or until the edge start to turn golden brown
- Transfer to a cooling rack or just tuck right in while they're still warm!
Trust me, these wont last long when the scent of them baking starts travelling around your house! They also make an amazing gift - they only need to be put in a cute pinterest worthy box and your all set. You can also switch the orange for lemon if you prefer or add some cinnamon in with the sugar when dusting to make them even more festive.
Are these something you are going to try and make?
Love Laura x